As a continued and extended project of Sustainable Agriculture Initiative in Kathmandu, this project is running in support of GTS Foundation, Germany. This project is concentrated the VDCs of Kathmandu, Dhading and Nuwakot. This has included some more extensive activities like mass production of organic commodities, establishment of cooperative marketing mechanism for organic products, commercial mushroom production and bee keeping for income generation, and establishment of ICS and PGS system for organic product certification.
The goal of the project is to improve the livelihood of rural farmers of project site through sustainable agriculture practices setting following objectives
- Aware farming commuities about ill effects of agro-chemicals
- Promote effective and efficient utilization of local resources
- Increase the farm income from agro- enterprises
- Strengthen and institutilize farmers’ organizations
- Establish internal control and participatory gurantee system for effective marketing of organic products
To achieve the goal of the project following activities are ongoing at the project sites.
- Awarness raising training and campaigns
- High value crop and livestock promotion
- Small scale infrastructure development for agriculture promotion
- Capacity building and human resource development
- Farmers institutional development
- Establishment of ICS and PGS for organic marketing
Geographical coverage: Dhading and NuwakotPosted on