Despite the huge potential of the commercial and vegetable farming as well as livestock, Nuwakot district is comparatively backward in harnessing the huge possibilities. Due to difficult terrain and very low income the people of this locality are far beyond the services of government and has not yet accessed by any NGOs and INGOs. Realizing this, SECARD-Nepal, with the funding of the Vibrant Village Foundation has launched this project in 3 VDCs of South-east of Nuwakot district.
Goal: The goal of the project is to improve the livelihood condition of the marginalized farming communities through sustainable agricultural practices and Small Economic Activity Development (SEAD)
- Implement environmental conservation and sustainable development programs.
- Formulate and launch survey, research and developmental activities on sustainable agriculture and natural resource management.
- Sensitize people on maximum utilization of the resources without disturbing the ecological balance.
- To promote organic agriculture particularly in high value and export oriented commodities.
- To empower the women farming community through income generating activities.
To achive the above mentioned goal and objectives we are in course of following activities
- Campaigning on merits of organic agriculture and demerits of conventional farming
- Community development
- Irrigation system development
- Promotion of livestock
- Promotion of high value commodities
- Commercial fruit production
- Plant clinics
- Plant nutrient and pest management
Geographical coverage of the project:
Sunakhani, Sikre and Samundradevi VDC of Nuwakot district